A typical San Diego real estate inspection lasts 2-4 hours. The inspector, real estate buyers agent and buyer will most likely be present. It is best if the listing agent attends the last 30 minutes or so of the property inspection. Experience shows that many requests for repairs at the expense of the seller can be averted when the listing agent is present.
On the other hand, it best if the seller is not present. Let your agent represent you.
How a Seller Should Prepare for a San Diego
Real Estate Inspection
- Be sure to have the gas/electric and water utilities on
- Make certain that the furnace and hot water heater pilots are lit
- Have all pets contained or better yet, not at the property
- Be prepared to be away from home during the entire inspection; up to 3-4 hours
- Remember the buyer will be present for the inspection, have the home look as good as it looked when they decided to buy it