What should I know about selling my loved ones
in the San Diego housing market right now
& how does it affect the home’s value?
Home values in San Diego have been appreciating at 12.7% over the past year, which means its time to sell that probate property. Not convinced? Here are 5 additional reason the sell now:
- Home inventory is at a record low, dropping 1% since last month and 35% since this time last year. The total active inventory was at only 1036 homes as of June 1st, 2021.
- as of June 4th 2021 current mortgage rates in San Diego, California are 3.12% for a 30 year fixed loan. To compare as of January 2020 the average rate for a 30-year fixed was about 3.7%.
- This means that competition between buyers is high, which will often result in more offers and more income for the estate.
- The 2021 first quarter median home price in San Diego was a whooping $763,500. That means a great deal of profit for the estate, even those in poor condition.
- Finally, there is no time to wait! repeated extensions to the San Diego superior court legal deadlines means the probate process timelines have also increased. Probate typically takes 12 months to run its course, but the pandemic has delayed hearings and extended the average timeline by up to several months. More time means the market may change before you have a chance to sell, which could mean the loss of any number of these beneficial factors for you and your loved ones estate.
If you would like to sell your probate property ASAP, then give me, Kim Ward, a call at 619.741.0111. I am the leading probate real estate expert in San Diego and I can help you through the entire probate process.