What is Important About Real Estate Disclosures
Know that disclosing everything about your property to the potential buyer will be the best thing you could ever do. Every home has negative things. Buyers are excited about your home and experience shows they will be willing to overlook the small stuff, at the beginning.
- Read the disclosures carefully and complete them to the best of your knowledge.
- If you’re not certain you should disclose something, experience shows, disclose it.
- Ask your real estate professional to review your paperwork and let you know if you missed something or completed it incorrectly.
- Review your title report to make certain that there aren’t any liens that you were unaware of on your property.
- If you have any disclosures from the time that you purchased the property, be sure the buyer receives a copy of them.