It’s easy feel overwhelmed at the thought of selling your home. This checklist will help you remember the top five things you should consider when selling your home:
- Curb appeal … it is inexpensive to tidy up the yard around your home. Mow, trim and weed.
- Remove any signs (and smells) of pets from your home.
- Declutter … you will be moving, so now is a good time to get a head start on packing up items that are not absolutely necessary for everyday use.
- Do not underestimate the power of staging your home to sell. Buyers can only see what is, not what the home can be. “Set the stage” for them.
- Be ready for showings. Keep the dishes done, make the beds and do your best to have your house show as if it was a model home.
I know that in our busy lives, this is a lot. Keep in mind that every buyer viewing is a chance to obtain an offer to purchase. The sooner you have a contract for sale, the sooner you can move and life can get back to normal.