Final post of three part series on
Real Estate Questions to Ask
. If you missed the first two posts, catch up here:
Here are additional questions to ask a Real Estate Agent before deciding which real estate professional will be working with and for you for the next few months. These questions are appropriate to ask regardless of the type of property sale – probate or trust, short sale, etc.
How Much Do You Charge? Don’t ask if the fee is negotiable because all real estate fees are negotiable. Typically, real estate agents charge a percentage, from 2.5% to 4% to represent one side of a transaction: a seller or a buyer. A listing agent may charge, for example, 3% for herself and another 3% for the buyer’s agent, for a total of 6%.
What Kind of Guarantee Do You Offer? If you sign a listing agreement with the agent and later find that you are unhappy with the arrangement, will the agent let you cancel the agreement? Will the agent stand behind her service to you? What is her company’s policy about canceled agreements? Has anybody ever canceled an agreement with her before?
What Haven’t I Asked You That I Need to Know? Pay close attention to how the real estate agent answers this question because there is always something you need to know, always. You want an agent to take her time with you — to make sure you feel comfortable and secure with her knowledge and experience. She should know how to listen and how to counsel you, how to ask the right questions to find out what she needs to know to better serve you.