Most buyers of San Diego real estate purchase with the help of a lender. There are conditions that need to be met in order to qualify for a loan. One of those conditions is a real estate appraisal by a licensed appraiser. The licensed appraiser will be hired to provide a report detailing what the property is worth in the current marketplace. What this means to you is the appraised value must be equal to or higher than the negotiated purchase price, hence meeting one of the lender’s condition for the new loan.
How to prepare for a San Diego Real Estate Appraisal
- Clean up…make the beds, do the dishes; the house should look as good as possible
- Have all pets contained or away from the property
- Request that your agent be present and prepared with comparable property information
- Do not be present; allow your agent to represent your best interest
- Have all rooms accessible
What to expect during your San Diego Real Estate Appraisal
The San Diego appraisal will typically take between 30-60 minutes. It is best if your real estate agent meets the appraiser with documentation of three comparable sold properties and one pending a sale property.